Mascarpone Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
Joyce Fikri from the St. Louis Dairy Council is here to show us how to make Mascarpone Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
((stuffs about 28 strawberries))
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 28 strawberries
- dark chocolate bar for garnish
- Mix the first four ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- With a sharp paring knife, cut off the leafy bottoms of the strawberries to create a flat base. Cut a deep cross in the tops of the strawberries, down through the tip but not completely through to the bottom.
- Place the cheese mixture into a piping bag with a star tip (a quart sized zip lock bag can also be used). Pipe the cheese mixture into the strawberries. Grate chocolate over the cheese stuffed strawberries. Place the strawberries on a serving platter and refrigerate until ready to serve