14th annual Chip in Fore Charity event held in Springfield
Compass for Kids receive a $20,000 donation and it's all thanks to a golf tournament.
Residents were in full swing at the 14th Annual Orthopedic Center of Illinois Foundation (OCIF) golf outing.
The money raised will be used to provide summer education to low-income children in the area.
If you were out of the green, you may have seen our very own Joe Crain on the course!
Through funds raised from the annual golf outing, OCIF has granted over $250,000 to Springfield area organizations.
Past grant winners include:
- 2004 - Central Illinois Foodbank ($10,000)
- 2005 - Boys and Girls Club of Springfield($15,000)
- 2006 - Contact Ministries ($20,000)
- 2007 - Southwind Park ($20,000)
- 2008 - Big Brothers Big Sisters ($20,000)
- 2009 - Sangoman County Child Advocacy Program($20,000)
- 2010 - Springfield YMCA ($20,000)
- 2011 - Camp Care-A-Lot($20,000)
- 2012 - Springfield Sharefest($20,000)
- 2013 - genHKids ($20,000)
- 2014 - Illinois Senior Olmypics/Senior Services of Illinois($20,000)
- 2015 - SIU School of Medicine - ThinkFirst ($20,000)
- 2016- Special Olympics Illinois ($20,000)