Decatur residential fire leaves home 'uninhabitable' Thursday
Decatur Fire Department responded to a residential fire Thursday morning in the 1700 block of West Packard Street.
Heavy smoke and fire was coming from the residence at the time crews responded to the scene.
The fire significantly affected the house's attic area. Crews on scene used hoselines to extinguish the fire and ventilated the roof as needed.
A power line was also down across the fenced-in backyard, prohibiting crews from going around the house on the east side.
One resident was reported injured and was transported to Decatur Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Occupants of the house were alerted of the fire by a passerby who noticed the flames and the smoke and knocked on the door.
The house did sustain significant damage and is currently uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the affected family.
The fire is still under investigation.